Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Patriarch Visits Chief Minister of Kerala




I hope the meeting with Patriarch  would be a firm step in achieving peace: Pinarayi Vijayan

I hope the meeting with Patriarch of Syriac Orthodox Church Ignatius Aphrem II this morning would be a firm step in achieving peace between the two factions, Jacobite and Orthodox, of the Malankara Church.
I felt the Patriarch was very positive and realistic during the brief discussion. And he is very optimistic in his efforts to resolve the century old disputes between the two factions.
I believe that vast majority of believers want to put an end to the strife and restore peace and harmony. Hence Kerala Government took the initiative for peace process and I wrote a letter to the Patriarch in this regard. The Patriarch expressed his appreciation over the efforts from Government's part.
I have appealed the Patriarch to go ahead with this efforts for a rapprochement. He will have the support of Kerala Government. Some people argue that it would be difficult to find a settlement for the century old disputes. I disagree with them. I am of the view that dialogue is the only option to restore peace and talks would yield results.
The Patriarch said that he would take all possible steps to achieve peace and happy to have dialogue with the Orthodox faction.
Sri Pinarayi Vijayan
Share: